Friday, February 17, 2012

Owl You Need Is Love {Holidays}

I've been spending a great deal of time in this new year making memories with my lil man.  Every holiday brings with it a celebration at K's preschool, and I usually volunteer to bring in an item.  This time I was set on bringing in cupcakes and having my favorite 3 year old help with the baking.  It would be our first kitchen project together and add one for the mommy and son memory bank.


He just loved helping mommy, asking about every ingredient as it went into the bowl.  Oh, and the smile as he helped me stir and mix them all together by hand - I'll never forget it!

While we waited for the first batch to bake, he helped me make a banner with a heart for every person he holds dear. Mommy did the writing but K told me every person's real name (as opposed to their nick names). Then he gave the final placement approval as I hung the banner (the kid is definitely mine).



In the end he was very proud and couldn't wait for it to be the next day so he could eat one of the cupcakes he made.  When we entered the classroom, he just had to tell everyone that he made them.  Loved seeing him light up like that!


We used the Owl Valentine Printable Party Squares (available in the Etsy Shop) to make the cupcake toppers.  My lil man loved them so much, he brought his home after he was done eating his cupcake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment