Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Give Thanks {Holidays} {How To}

Now that fall is upon us in full force, it's time to get ready for the feast of Thanksgiving Day! My little owly friend is making his appearance in a different way this year. I usually display a full size banner above my desk, but decided that my door could use a little dressing up. So I made a mini banner for my door adorned with some great little dried corn, strung together with jute. Read on to learn how to make one, too!

Elated Memories EMPrintables Give Thanks

This will work for any of the banners in my Etsy Shop, so you can take your pick and then follow these instructions to create your own mini banner or bunting.

Elated Memories EMPrintables Owl Thanksgiving Give Thanks

After opening your file in Adobe Reader, you should select to print it either by clicking the printer icon, or clicking "File" and "Print" on the top left. The Print dialog box will pop up and you can then select the correct sizing. Click the "Multiple" button (shown above in blue), and then adjust the "Pages per sheet" drop box to reflect the correct number of sheets you'd like to print on one page. I made two mini banners: for the one on my door I selected 4 sheets per page, and for the other I selected 6 sheets per page. The more "Pages per sheet," the smaller your end result will be. You can see the result in the preview box, on the right. When you have the correct size, just click print!

Elated Memories EMPrintables Owl Thanksgiving

Once you have printed your mini banner, you can cut out the shapes and get ready to string them together. I used a whole punch for the door banner, to create a place to thread the string through each pennant. But for the other bunting, I used a handy little scrapbook punch that makes two small holes close together. Kitchen string helped to keep the bunting letters flowing nicely into one another. And two bamboo skewers were the perfect tethers for each string.

Elated Memories EMPrintables Pumpkin Pie Mini Bunting Banner Owl Thanksgiving

So you see, there's more than one use for each of the printable banners available in the Etsy Shop. I've decorated a pretty little pumpkin pie with the mini bunting. All of those desserts look that much more festive with a little bit of paper and string :)

Elated Memories EMPrintables Pumpkin Pie Pine Cones

You can find this special little banner here on Etsy, and the entire Thanksgiving Day Collection as well. What's your favorite to decorate for your Thanksgiving Feast?

No comments:

Post a Comment