Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Everybody Loves to Say Salsa {What I'm Eating}

It's hot in New Jersey, I mean sweltering. And I don't usually mind the heat. The humidity is totally doing me in at the moment, so staying cool is key. Part of that is getting some yummy coolness into my belly.

mango salsa

One of the best things I have made with ease recently is Mango Salsa, to top my pan fried chicken and rice. Light, a little sweet, a little tangy, a whole lot of yum! Perfect to throw together when you don't want to turn the oven on but want some flavor in your life.

mango salsa with chicken and rice

Seriously, it is yummy! The juices coat the chicken nicely and add a slight tang to my plain rice. I'll be trying it over some tilapia in the near future, just to see how the flavors work together. What's your favorite summertime go to meal?

Mango Salsa

1 Whole Mango, meat removed and diced
1/2 Cucumber, diced
2 Slices Red Onion, diced
2 T Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Lime

Combine mango, cucumber, red onion, and cilantro in a small bowl. Cut and juice lime into the bowl over the other ingredients (being careful not to let seeds sneak their way in) and toss lightly.

Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated to allow all flavors to meld together. Enjoy over your favorite foods like pan fried chicken or fish.

Refrigerate any remaining salsa. Who are we kidding, there won't be any leftovers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment