Wednesday, June 26, 2013

In a Jam {What I'm Eating}

A few weeks ago, I was having this massive craving for English muffins with butter and jam. Now, since I have pretty much cut out grains, the muffin was a no go. And although jam has less sugar than jelly, I still didn't want to have something artificial. Enter: compromise.

raspberry blueberry jam


So I caved on the muffin, but the compromise was topping it with butter from a grassfed cow's milk and home made jam. What could be better than fresh summer berries slathered on top of that guilty little muffin? Not one thing comes to mind.

raspberry blueberry jam

For some reason, I thought making my own jam would be a process and I'd get half way in and regret ever having decided to start doing it. But I googled "paleo berry jam," and a recipe from one of my favorite paleo blogs was among the top of the list. Juli Bauer of PaleOMG always has simple recipes that make it easy to eat healthy. And her Raspberry Blueberry Jam is no different than any of her other delicious recipes that I have tried in the past: easy peasy! Seriously, in 15 minutes I was ready to rock.

raspberry blueberry jam

raspberry blueberry jam

Now, since this was a craving and not something I was prepared for I had to make some substitutions but in the end I had the most delicious dressing for that muffin. I used both fresh raspberries and blueberries, and since I was nearly out of honey I used maple syrup. Next time around I will be prepared but I cannot imagine this tasting bad at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment